Helpful Videos FOr Your Next Move
How to Make a Moving BoxRead More
Making a moving box is really pretty simple. Watch as we build a moving box and give you some tips to make packing easier.
- Folding the top flaps down make it easier to pack. You don’t have to reach as far down into the box and you can clearly see where the top of the box is so you don’t over fill the box.
- After your box is packed make sure to tape the top of your box, this makes stacking easier.
- As soon as a box is packed tape it and label it, if you wait to label you will forget what is inside.
Moving Tips: How To Pack Wine for MovingRead More
Moving Tip: If you’re moving locally in San Jose you don’t need a special wine box to pack wine when moving a short distance, just use a book box. The special boxes are expensive.
Moving tip: We do recommend special boxes if you are moving cross country. Those boxes have Styrofoam inserts to help protect against temperature changes when traveling cross country.Steps for Packing Wine for Moving :
- Place crumbled paper on the bottom of a book box
- Wrap each bottle in paper and lay them down in the box. The paper will help to keep them cool and create padding so the bottles do not break.
- Leave a couple inches at the top of the box for more paper and seal your box.
- Label the box on the top and sides “wine” so you can locate them easily at the new house.
Bonus moving tip: If you do not plan on unpacking the wine right away simply place the box(es) in a cool spot and they will be fine until you get around to unpacking.
Packing Your Kitchen for MovingRead More
Packing your kitchen dishes and stemware properly for moving is essential to making sure everything gets to the final destination without casualties. Packing & moving is stressful and everyone always worries about packing properly. Following our instructions you can be sure everything gets to the other end without any damage. The key to successful packing is PAPER. You want to use lots of paper to wrap the dishes and glasses.
- Newspaper or Newsprint
- Boxes (dish packs are thicker and sturdier for packing breakables)
Tips for packing:
- First place a table pad or cardboard box on your table to protect the table from scratching
- Then gather up all your supplies
- Lay out a stack of paper (you can use newspaper but the ink can be messy, newsprint is cleaner)
- Set the items to be packed on the table so you can reach them easily and don’t have to walk back and forth to the cupboards
- After you have a box built crumble some paper in the bottom of the box (dish packs are best for breakables because the box is thicker and more sturdy)
- Then starting with your plates you can begin wrapping your breakables and placing them in the box TIP: Plates are strongest when stood on end and not laying down
- Put a couple sheets of paper in between each layer as you are packing
- The top row of your box you can put lighter items such as stemware or tupperware
- Place a few sheets of paper on the top and close the box
- Always remember to label the top and sides of all your boxes
5 Standard Types of BoxesRead More
As a professional Bay Area moving company we are seasoned to handle all your moving needs the right way. Check out our video on the different types of moving boxes and what items go in them. Please contact us for your next move or if you have any questions concerning professional moving. We offer Free Quotes and Estimates for all customers.
Welcome to Our WarehouseRead More
As a Full Service Moving Company we offer storage and have over 45,000sq ft of alarmed, clean secure warehouse space. We are very proud of our warehouse and have created this video to show you around a bit. You are always welcome to come visit the warehouse in person but hopefully this helps you get a feel for where and how your items will be storage at our facility. The video was meant to be fun so we hope you enjoy it.
How To Re-cover Kitchen ChairsRead More
Alex, our owner’s (Kim Tucker) granddaughter prepared a video we’d like to share with you on how to recover kitchen chairs. Enjoy!
“My go to for moving needs!! James and his team are professional, capable and trust worthy!”Rebecca C.
“My husband moved his office today in Los Altos and it was such a joy to work with Henry and Ivan. They introduced themselves with firm handshakes and several times tried to help me as I struggled with smaller articles.”Dana C.
“This is the 2nd time we have used All Reasons Moving. We originally used them in 2009 and we used them again for another local move recently. They showed up with 9 guys and 3 trucks and moved a 2900 sq.ft. home in 4 hours & did not break anything.”Ryan C.
“Excellent service! They had to move me twice in less than a month. I had to move out of my condo, so upgrades could be done. Then, it could list for sale.”Cathy W.
“All Reasons Moving moved us in August 2019. They are excellent at what they do and great to work with, truly professional. It's reassuring to know that they are insured and have clear systems in place to move people well. We got other quotes as well and”Julie H.
Whatever the Reason All Reasons Can Move YouLearn Why We're The Best Choice For Your Next Move
Hand Picked TeamWe hire honest, hard-working, qualified people that we train in-house to ensure you are getting the absolute best team for every move.
A Certified & Accredited CompanyDon't just take our word for it. We have worked to receive the best certifications and accreditations so you have peace of mind in knowing we can properly care for your every move.
30+ Years of ExperienceSince 1991, businesses, homeowners, and renters have trusted All Reasons Moving's white-glove service for all their moving and storage needs.