Packing & Moving can be very stressful. All Reasons has put together some packing tips to help you organize for the move. Unless prior arrangements have been made, you need to be completely packed and ready to move when our trucks arrive. Packing while movers are loading slows the process down and is NOT advisable. Please let us know if you will not be finished packing prior to the movers arrival.
Customers are expected to be present during loading and unloading. You will need to do a walk-through at the beginning of the move, at the end of the load, and our movers will need direction with furniture placement at your new location .
PACKING & BOXING: Movers will be as careful as possible but we cannot guarantee the safety of any item not boxed.
Armoires & Desks: Must be emptied.
Beds: Our moving team will disassemble and reassemble these.
- It is strongly recommended you purchase mattresses bags for king size mattresses. We cannot guarantee a king mattress will stay clean unless it’s in a bag.
- Moving to storage: All mattresses and box springs must be in mattress bags. Mattress bags can be purchased form All Reasons at an additional cost.
Boxes: All Reasons is NOT responsible or liable to items not properly packed.
- Tape tops & bottoms of the boxes. No open top boxes
- Label the boxes on the sides
- Shoe boxes and smaller type boxes need to be packed into larger boxes
- Wrap all breakables in paper, foam, or bubble wrap
- Pack heavy items into book boxes
- Do NOT fill large boxes with books or clothes
Carpet: Carpet mask can be provided for an additional charge. One roll is 50 feet. All Reasons is not responsible or liable for any residue left behind on carpet from the carpet mask product itself.
Couches/Chairs: Light colored furniture – we can shrink wrap these items for an additional charge.
Dressers: Can remain full if it can handle its own weight – do not leave a dresser full that is not sturdy. Do NOT pack books, pictures, or breakables in drawers – Keep in mind dressers will be tipped so remove smaller loose items that could fall behind the drawers.
End Tables: Small end tables and nightstands can usually stay full. Please remove breakables.
Entertainment Centers: Must be completely emptied.
Exercise Equipment: Equipment can be moved as long as it does not need to be disassembled. All Reasons will not disassemble equipment which has electrical components.
- 2 Drawer Files: can stay full
- Fireproof Files: entire cabinet must be emptied.
- Lateral Files: entire cabinet must be emptied.
Flammable Items: We cannot pack or move flammable or hazardous materials.
Garbage Bags: NOT good for packing since they do not stack and are difficult to carry.
Lamps and Shades: Lamp shades MUST be packed in a box. Floor/pole lamps do not travel well. All Reasons will not be responsible or held liable for damage to lamps not packed in boxes. All Reasons will not move a lamp or a lampshade that is not packed in a box.
- Small Pictures: Wrap in paper and pack in a box
- Large Pictures: Pack in picture boxes
Paintings: Must be packed in picture boxes or paper pads. If you require assistance with this contact our office.
Plants: Soil must be dry in order to transport. Wet plants cannot be moved
- Small plants: Should be put in boxes to keep them from rolling around in the back of the truck.
- Large plants: Can be loaded at the end of the truck. If a plant is fragile, do not put it in the moving van, as we cannot guarantee a limb won’t snap off.
- Pots and containers: Breakable plant containers must be packed in boxes. All Reasons will NOT be responsible for breakage of clay pots. Small cracks happen over time from being outside and in the weather transporting can cause them to snap therefore we cannot be liable for an already weak pot that you may not even realize has one or more hairline cracks in it.
Particle board furniture or Pressed wood furniture: Furniture you purchased in a box and assembled in your home was shipped that way for a reason. Under most circumstances they can be safely moved, however All Reasons will not be responsible or held liable for damage during transit to particle board or pressed wood furniture of any kind.
Pianos: YES! We move pianos everything from a small spinet to a large concert grand. There will be an additional charge.
Refrigerators: We recommend you put the contents into coolers the day of the move
Electronics: We advise packing all electronics in a box. These items can be blanket wrapped if you do not have the original boxes. While they normally transport just fine. All Reasons does not assume responsibility for damage to items not properly packed.
Wardrobe boxes: When moving directly from one location to another, we will provide the day of the move for your hanging clothes. When coming to storage or moving long distance you will need to purchase the wardrobes. There will be a charge for any not returned on day of move.
Any items you need immediate access to should be loaded and transported in your personal vehicle prior to our arrival.
“Our business depends upon All Reasons Moving. Whenever we have a senior or their family who is making a move we always recommend All Reasons Moving.”Kaye S.
“I've used these folks about 5 times with another pending. Everytime has been exceptional. They are kind, considerate, compassionate and caring. They have made multiple stops during the moves, with no qualms, ever!”Gina J.
“We moved today. Angel and his crew showed up promptly at the designated time.”Mary L.
“Hiring a moving company is a decision not to be taken lightly. If there is a great disparity in quotes, be wary of the lowest bidder, there is probably a reason. It is well worth the investment to hire ALL REASONS MOVING because they care about their clien”Michelle H.
“All Reasons Moving moved us in August 2019. They are excellent at what they do and great to work with, truly professional. It's reassuring to know that they are insured and have clear systems in place to move people well. We got other quotes as well and”Julie H.
Hand Picked TeamWe hire honest, hard-working, qualified people that we train in-house to ensure you are getting the absolute best team for every move.
A Certified & Accredited CompanyDon't just take our word for it. We have worked to receive the best certifications and accreditations so you have peace of mind in knowing we can properly care for your every move.
30+ Years of ExperienceSince 1991, businesses, homeowners, and renters have trusted All Reasons Moving's white-glove service for all their moving and storage needs.