San Carlos, CA, is a residential suburb on the San Francisco Peninsula, about halfway between San Jose and the Golden City itself, San Francisco.
If you’re buying a home here, you’re probably searching for the most careful movers San Carlos has to offer. That company is All Reasons Moving & Storage.
We’ve been in business since 1991, and we’ve moved thousands of families in that time. All Reasons is woman-owned and operated with a long list of accolades and community connections. We’re the movers San Carlos, CA, can depend on, whether you’re moving locally, from the Bay Area, or from afar.
If you’re moving out of San Carlos, let All Reasons help you with that transition as well. We can take care of all your moving and storage needs. Read more about our services, and then fill out this form for a free moving quote.
When you are looking budget movers, San Carlos has a few options, but not all of them will be worth the cost. When they want to hire careful movers, San Carlos residents rely on All Reasons.
All Reasons is a local leader for a reason. We help our customers through the moving process. Here are five questions to ask when you’re hiring a mover:
- Are the movers licensed and insured?
- Do they offer free estimates?
- Do they have someone you can contact throughout the entire moving process?
- How long has the company been in business?
- What types of moving services do they offer?
While many movers have the might to move furniture and boxes, a good moving company has the paperwork in order to protect against liabilities.
All Reasons is fully licensed and insured, and we hold a distinction that less than 10 percent of California moving companies have: We are a California ProMover. This means that we are backed by an industry association committed to ethical behavior.
The California Moving & Storage Association offers these tips for people hiring movers:
- Be wary of “final” phone or Internet estimates. Get three in-home, written estimates and show the mover everything to be moved, including items in the attic, garage, closets and basement.
- Don’t look at price alone. Movers with unusually high or low bids should generally be avoided.
- Be wary of movers seeking large down payments to hold dates or to reserve service.
Moving To San Carlos
San Carlos is known as “the City of Good Living.”
Although it has grown much since its founding in the 1800s, San Carlos remained a small town. Its downtown is a small collection of shops and restaurants and still gives off that small-town feel. However, the city is connected to the much larger metro area and even has its own airport. San Carlos Airport is home to approximately 500 aircraft.
Some old maps refer to San Carlos as “Lomitas.” (The name means “little hills” in Spanish.) Its selling point in the olden days was that San Carlos was a rural town but just a 35-minute train ride to San Francisco. At the end of the 19th century, just 100 families lived there.
Today, San Carlos has about 28,400 residents. A quick survey of homes for sale in San Carlos, CA, shows prices range from about $875,000 to $3.7 million. The City of San Carlos has provided this handy guide for new residents.
Here are a few fun ways to learn about San Carlos:
- Museum of San Carlos History: Get to know the San Carlos Villagers. This group was formed in 1949 with the goal of preserving the City of San Carlos’s history. In the gift shop, you can purchase locally themed items, such as “SanCarlosopoly,” a play on the boardgame “Monopoly.”
- The Hiller Aviation Museum is a Smithsonian affiliate museum. Learn about aviation pioneers, build a paper model of a Hiller Aviation Museum aircraft or take to the cockpit with a flight simulation. The museum hosts summer aviation camps for children ages 5 to 12.
- Talk about a nightmare: San Carlos City Hall was once located at 666 Elm Street. Upset residents convinced the city to change the address. It’s now 600 Elm Street, which was the address of the San Carlos schoolhouse, when it was founded in 1918.
- If you like to stay active, check out the activities for all age groups at offered by the Parks and Recreation Department, including fitness classes and seasonal events.
- Other city events include the Hometown Days Festival in May and the Art & Wine Fare hosted by the Chamber of Commerce.
Get A Free Moving Quote From All Reasons Moving & Storage
All Reasons Moving & Storage is the moving company San Carlos, CA, residents recommend to their family and friends. We have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and dozens of five-star reviews on Google.
Whether you are in the “gathering quotes” stage of your move or are just looking for honest, straightforward talk about moving and storage, call us with any questions. We’re here to help.
“I cannot say enough about All Reasons Moving. They helped move over the Thanksgiving weekend - they were professional, respectful, knowledgeable not to mention quick, efficient and got everything moved without any damage to our belongings and the property”Katrina W.
“Vince, Mike, and Carlos were the professionals that helped us out. They showed up on time (about 8:30) and were done by 3:00. They were careful and considerate with the bigger and more fragile pieces.”Carlos G.
“The movers were friendly and professional. They arrived on time and completed the job in the time frame they said they would.”Sydney F.
“My husband moved his office today in Los Altos and it was such a joy to work with Henry and Ivan. They introduced themselves with firm handshakes and several times tried to help me as I struggled with smaller articles.”Dana C.
“This is the 2nd time we have used All Reasons Moving. We originally used them in 2009 and we used them again for another local move recently. They showed up with 9 guys and 3 trucks and moved a 2900 sq.ft. home in 4 hours & did not break anything.”Ryan C.
Hand Picked TeamWe hire honest, hard-working, qualified people that we train in-house to ensure you are getting the absolute best team for every move.
A Certified & Accredited CompanyDon't just take our word for it. We have worked to receive the best certifications and accreditations so you have peace of mind in knowing we can properly care for your every move.
30+ Years of ExperienceSince 1991, businesses, homeowners, and renters have trusted All Reasons Moving's white-glove service for all their moving and storage needs.