Making Your Next Move Your Best Move
Whether you’re moving your business or your home, you’ll feel like family when working with All Reasons. We work side by side with you to create a fully customized moving plan tailored to fit your needs.
Los Altos, CA Movers
Are you planning a move to Los Altos, CA? Welcome to the neighborhood! Los Altos is a city of less than 30,000 people, but it’s a major player in Silicon Valley.
In 2004, a Los Altos homeowner rented her $1 million, five-bedroom home to Mark Zuckerberg and his associates, and that’s where they grew Facebook from 200,000 users to 2.5 million. Twenty-eight years prior that that, Apple co-founders Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak built the first 50 Apple I computers in Jobs’s garage in Los Altos.
All Reasons Moving & Storage has proudly been serving the residents of Los Altos, CA, since 1991. So if you’re moving to a home or apartment in Los Altos, hire the movers that know the area best and can provide a white glove moving experience!
At All Reasons, we plan every move to fit each customer’s needs. We understand that moving can be a stressful time. We’ll do what we can to relieve that feeling of anxiety by providing excellent customer service, open communication and old-fashioned hard work.
Whatever the reason, All Reasons can move you.
Planning A Local Move
Moving is a process that starts with a dream home and ends with you living in it.
When you think of it that way, the tasks associated with moving seem less like chores and more like just a few items on a moving checklist.
If you’re planning a move to Los Altos, heed these tips from our partners at the Better Business Bureau and Stevens Worldwide Van Lines.
- Start with online research: Look up business profiles for moving companies on BBB.org. The American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA) and California Moving and Storage Association also identify movers that have pledged to uphold high standards of trust and to resolve complaints quickly.
- Check out the company’s reputation: Ask for proof of licenses, insurance and references. Ask around on your social networks to get good advice from people who have recently moved.
- Get it in writing: Whether you get an estimate over the phone, over the internet, or via a video survey, it’s a good idea to get the details in writing. If any aspects of the move change, make sure that both parties agree to them in writing.
- Donate and declutter: Reducing weight will cut down on moving costs. Donate unwanted food items to a local food bank. Certain charitable items may be tax deductible.
- Use quality moving boxes: All Reasons sells moving boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap, packing paper and other packing materials.
Moving to Los Altos
The name Los Altos means “the heights.” As with many other cities in Silicon Valley, Los Altos used to be filled with orchards. Nowadays, people have to visit a museum and historical site to get a glimpse of the fruit trees and imagine what the area looked like at the turn of the previous century.
Here are some highlights of Los Altos:
- The Los Altos History Museum is located in one of the few remaining apricot orchards of Santa Clara Valley. Docents can give a tour of the J. Gilbert Smith house, which is decorated in 1930s period furnishings, from a time when about 1300 people would have considered themselves residents of Los Altos. The city itself was incorporated in 1952.
- Downtown Los Altos: The city has a downtown and six other shopping districts. The six-block downtown has about 150 shops, including a hardware store and gem store. Monthly promotional events are planned, including sidewalk sales and a beer stroll. Check out the Downtown Los Altos website for more details.
- Admire the Art: Los Altos has more than 25 public art displays. Sculptures include an Australian Cattle Dog, Magic Fish and Dancing Man, all found near the community center. Pieces are loaned to the city for a period of two years. Here is a map to the public art in Los Altos.
Los Altos Moving Services
All Reasons Moving & Storage is a trusted Los Altos moving company.
Our professional movers are trained in packing, transporting and unloading your possessions. We are locally owned and widely accredited. We earned the Certified California ProMover designation, a mark of high regard in our industry.
We follow the best business standards and provide a wide range of services.
- Furniture Disassembly and Reassembly: Our team of expert movers will take apart all bulky furniture and reassemble it in your new home as part of our full-service moving experience.
- Packing: Hire All Reasons for White Glove service. Let us pack your home and unpack at your new destination. Our skilled professional packers will handle this chore from start to finish.
- Warehouse Storage: When you need to store your items long or short-term, rest assured that our warehouse is safe, secured and convenient. Our storage vaults located in San Jose are monitored 24 hours a day. Climate controls protect your items from heat and humidity.
- Long-Distance Moving: If you’re moving from Los Altos to a destination out of state, we can help. As an agent of Stevens Worldwide Van Lines, All Reasons Moving & Storage has access to a network of over 500 professionals nationwide. We will coordinate all aspects of your long-distance move.
- International Moving: The Stevens network includes more than 900 moving professionals worldwide, and we’re proud to be included in their company.
Get A Free Moving Quote From All Reasons Moving & Storage
Thousands of people have recommended All Reasons Moving as Los Altos’s premiere local moving company. We have hundreds of favorable Yelp and Google reviews. All Reasons is A+ rated with the Better Business Bureau.
Call us today at (408) 240-0244 to begin planning your move to Los Altos, CA. Fill out our online contact form to receive a free moving estimate. We will begin putting together your customized moving plan.
“All Reasons Moving moved us in August 2019. They are excellent at what they do and great to work with, truly professional. It's reassuring to know that they are insured and have clear systems in place to move people well. We got other quotes as well and”- Julie H.
“All Reasons Moving moved us in August 2019. They are excellent at what they do and great to work with, truly professional. It's reassuring to know that they are insured and have clear systems in place to move people well. We got other quotes as well and”- Carlos G.
“This is the 2nd time we have used All Reasons Moving. We originally used them in 2009 and we used them again for another local move recently. They showed up with 9 guys and 3 trucks and moved a 2900 sq.ft. home in 4 hours & did not break anything.”- Ryan C.
“Over 33 years of moves across the country and locally, our experience the past few months with All Reasons Moving.”- Jay S.
“We moved after being in our house for 27 years! We had a lot of stuff! The staff was very professional and careful with our belongings, and everything went smoothly!”- Margie M.